Steps to Migrate a WebLogic Domain from a 32 to a 64 bit JVM/Architecture
create migration template:
1. Execute $<WLS_HOME>/wlserver_10.3/common/bin/config_builder.sh
2. Create Domain Template.
3. Select Domain to migrate.
4. Enter the name of template and other info. Click next.
5. Using Add Button, Select libraries you want to add under lib folder. copy jdbc data sources you would like to have under config/jdbc folder. If you want to have log4j configuration, copy log4j.xml under domain_root folder.
6. Select data base for the domain and click next.
7. Enter Admin Server Name and port numbers. Click next.
8. Enter username and password. Click next. Select No if you don want to add users/groups/roles
9. Click next until reach button create.
This will create a jar file that is needed for the next action plan.
To install and migrate domain to 64 bit architecture.
1. Install JVM Jrockit R126.96.36.199 on environment. (Uncompress zip folder on a known location)
2. Go to JRockit_Home/bin and execute $ java -d64 -jar wls1034_generic.jar
3. When prompt, select JRockit JVM in browse menu, and wait for installation to finish.
4. Go to <WLS_HOME>/wlserver_10.3/common/bin and execute $ ./config.sh
5. Select Create a new Weblogic domain
6. Select Base this domain on an existing template and select browse.
7. Select jar file created on previous action plan.
8. Select Name of domain. Maintain in most cases.
9. Select user name and password. Maintain in most cases.
10. Select Jrockit SDK 1.6.0_22 and click next.
11. Confirm all JMS/JDBC/security configurations.
12. On select Optional Configuration, reconfigure if necessary.
13. Check on Configuration summary for all domain configurations.
14. Click on create, to finish up domain import.